Re: American Birds CBC issue

The National Audubon Society has forgotten its roots & is no longer
interested in birds. The powers that be are sort of interested in
conservation, but  mainly in enhancing their status with the very rich, who
provide the staff with exorbitant salaries & other perks.
The abandonment of birds by Audubon dates back to at least 1984, when they
stopped publishing Breeding Bird Censuses in American Birds & continued when
they abandoned  American Birds completely to the ABA ..All for reasons of
economy. The reason they continue to marginally support CBC's is because
they want the money from you suckers..not just for the CBC's but also for
your support of NAS
I support the ABA for birding & the Nature Conservancy for conservation.
I continue to send my dues to NAS because I have too much $$ , would like to
monitor the continued decline of Audubon Magazine, & remain in contact with
the local AS.
I hope that this does not break the rules against political diatribes of
this web site.

-- Helmut C. Mueller  Ph.D

 Professor Emeritus
 Dept. of Biology & Curriculum in Ecology
 University of North Carolina
 Coker Hall CB# 3280
 Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3280
 Phone: 919-942-4937