From: carolinabirds-owner@acpub.duke.edu
[mailto:carolinabirds-owner@acpub.duke.edu] On Behalf Of
Peregrinus01@aol.com
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 16:33
To: carolinabirds@acpub.duke.edu
Subject: Lk Don T. Howell shorebirds etc.

Hola mis amigos,

Today, Eric Harrold and I went to Lk. Don T. Howell(Coddle Creek
Reservoir)
Just north of Charlotte. This place is an incredible spot, with usually
many
shorebirds, and in the winter, thousands of ducks.
But, however, today there were less birds there than fans at a football
game
in Wallace Wade Stadium. 8 to be exact. 7 Pectoral Sandpipers, and 1
Lesser
Yellowlegs. There were also a few Kildeer. Great Egrets, GB Herons, and
Green
Herons were spread out across the flats. There were some swallows flying

around that resembled a Bank Swallow, and a nice Broad-winged Hawk flew
over.
A Woodchuck was chillin' on the side of the road. Alive!
But the most comical birds were some Chinese Geese which looked as a
lost and
dishonest as old Dubya.  And no, Eric Harrold has not corrupted me, so
don't
blame(or thank) him. Woohoo!

Until next time,
Alan Kneidel