Blue Ridge Parkway, etc

Thought I'd better update you.  Should have done this over the weekend, but I
was too busy birding and other stuff.  Anyway, the BRP is open ALL THE WAY
now, so happy birding.  Most of the warbler species that have shown up so far
are those that stick to the lower or low/middle elevations or are more picky
about habitat than elevation (i.e. they can be found at almost any elevation
in the right habitat).  I believe I have about 19 species of warbler that I
know have shown up so far, but there are lots more to come and some of those
that have come in are not here in numbers yet, just a few early scouts.  I
expect many, many more should be in by next weekend, so enjoy.

By the way, you coast folks must have shooed most of the Yellow-rumps on their
way.  There sure have been a bunch of them around here the last few days.
They are looking quite snazzy now too!
Marilyn

Marilyn Westphal
Environmental Quality Institute