Re: June Gannet in SC

The Gannet reported on June 25 at Pawleys Island must be the same bird that
my sister, Ann Shahid, and I reported on June 26 at Litchfield Beach.

We saw a second year Northern gannet in the surf there very close to swimmers
about the middle of the afternoon.  It was drifting toward Huntington Beach
State Park

Another report came from Sam in Wilmington of a Gannet in the surf there on
or about July 1.  I wonder if all of these could be the same bird.  Could it be
an injured or sick bird?

We also thought that it was quite an unusual sighting.

Cherrie Sneed
5634 Church Flats Rd.
Meggett, SC  (Charleston County)