RB nuthatch at SC feeder

A red-breasted nuthatch visited our feeder today, Nov. 30, for sunflower
seeds. I heard the tiny call, then looked for it in the woods. It popped
up at the feeder, closer than I expected. Then, some brown-headed
nuthatches appeared, which are a treat to see here among the hardwood
trees. Plus, a ruby-crowned kinglet was working the eaves and windows of
the house, clinging to the brick wall to eat the spiders it plucked from
the webs.

White-breasted nuthatches are regulars in our yard. It never occurred to
me to look for red-breasted nuthatches here. There's always more to learn!

Buren and Luanne Blankenship
Pendleton, SC (between Clemson and Anderson)
blblank@carol.net