Crossbills, yes; flycatcher, no

Despite a rather diligent effort by several birders between 8:30 and 10:15 this
am, the PS Flycatcher was not seen or heard.  Hopefully the bird will make an
appearance later in the day.  Conditions were not too conducive for flycatcher
watching with heavy snow early, but the birds were starting to move around by
the time I had to leave (isn't work a pain!?).

I did have success with the Red Crossbills on Big Woods Road.  At both 8:30 and
10:20 small flocks of crossbills were working the pines about 20 yards east of
the road.  This spot is 1.6 miles north of US 64 and 3.3 miles south of the
flycatcher spot.  Interestingly a male cardinal was moving around with the
crossbills.  He must have thought the found some crestless compadres!

Regards,
Steve Shultz
Cary, NC-
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please