Feeder

My feeder heated up this morning, with White Breasted Nuthatch,
Chickadees, Titmice, Jays, Cardinals, and a Song Sparrow on the ground.
A squirrel was foraging on the ground also; I think the neighborhood
Sciurids have become cognizant of the fact they will get a low velocity
pellet in the rump if they get *in* the feeder. I don't really like them
foraging on the ground, but they have to eat too, just not in the
feeder.

--
Alex Netherton
The Appalachian Naturalist