Short-eared Owl

The Short-eared Owl is still present on Hooper Lane as of about 10:30 this
morning.
Four of us parked at the gate in front of the field where the big shed is
and walked along the road toward the shed.  About halfway down the road, we
flushed the owl from the ditch and it flew to the field on the right and
landed where we could get good scope views of it.  It was 16 degrees and the
wind was brisk, so we were thrilled to get it so quickly and to get such
good views of it.

Jo Ann Martin
jamloon@blueridge.net