Re: snow birds

Hi Carolinabirders,

My new yard visitor for the day was a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, which was
drilling holes in a large Pine Tree. Funny, I had never known them to
feed on conifers; I thought they liked deciduous trees better. By the
time I left the house to head to school, there was pitch oozing visibly
out of the holes. At one point while the 'Sucker was drilling, and I was
taking some photos of him, a Ruby-crowned Kinglet tried to sneak in
toward the holes around the trunk; but the Sapsucker spotted the Kinglet
and ran it off.

Good birding!

Josh

Joshua S. Rose