snow birds

carolinabirders-

have been trying hard to turn some of my goldfinchs into siskins but no
luck.  the purple finchs have been emptying my feeders too fast for me
to keep up.  several towhees on the ground and about half a dozen fox
sparrows.  yesterday had one chipping, song and field sparrows.

this morning as i was checking out the activity (and talking to my mom
in charlotte), three evening grosbeaks flew in.  2 males and a female.
first time i had seen the males.  beautiful birds.  had two females this
past sat.  hopefully more will show up.  now if the siskins and red
breasted nuthatches would just show up. my neighbor (just down the road)
shelley theye has them. i can hope.

lee van malssen
--
lee van malssen