Pine Siskins

Before we left for Florida on January 11, we had as many as six Pine
Siskins coming to the suet feeder.
Our stay was somewhat extended because there was just no way to get back
into Pinehurst with almost two feet of snow, no power, and (believe it or
not) no water.  We returned on January 30, and I refilled the feeders the
next day.  We were soon swarming with birds, most notably Goldfinches, but
no Pine Siskins.  They finally showed up on February 8 and several have
been present daily since then.

Charles R. (Dick) Burk
Pinehurst, NC
crburk@mindspring.com