Re: Pine Siskins

Hi Charles,
Are you sure they are Pine Siskins coming to a suet
feeder? I have had pine siskins for three different
years and have never seen them come to suet. They are
constantly on my thistle and sunflower hearts feeder.
I have yellow-rumped warblers on the suet that look
like siskins. Please let me know if they are
definitely siskins and not the yellow-rumps as this is
new info for me. People tell me all the time that
cardinals go to their suet, and I have never had a
cardinal eat mine in nine years of feeding!!  So
anything is possible in the world of birdfeeding!
Kate

--- "Charles R. Burk" <crburk@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Before we left for Florida on January 11, we had as
> many as six Pine
> Siskins coming to the suet feeder.
> Our stay was somewhat extended because there was
> just no way to get back
> into Pinehurst with almost two feet of snow, no
> power, and (believe it or
> not) no water.  We returned on January 30, and I
> refilled the feeders the
> next day.  We were soon swarming with birds, most
> notably Goldfinches, but
> no Pine Siskins.  They finally showed up on February
> 8 and several have
> been present daily since then.
>
> Charles R. (Dick) Burk
> Pinehurst, NC