Pileated markings

Several weeks ago we noticed that one of the Pileated Woodpeckers coming to
our suet feeder has very light brown primaries. I have seen some brown on
immature Pileateds before but never so much as this.
The brown feathers are very uniformily marked on both wings and appear to be
lighter along the trailing edges. It makes a beautiful contrast with the
black of the rest of the wing.Has anyone else noted this coloration on a
Pileated and could this be an adult bird?
?
                                                   Reece
Reece 'n Judy Mitchell
Flat Rock, NC