White Crowned Sparrows at Greenview

Dear Birders,

Recently I disposed of some old corn meal by dumping it in a pile out in my
backyard overlooking Greenview Pond.  Now I have some white crowned sparrows
feeding on it!

Also, our great blue herons appear to be ready to reuse the nest they raised
three chicks in last year.  Maybe they'll invite some friends to move into
the neighborhood!

If you've been wondering about the construction zone at Greenview, the DOT
is rebuilding the dam and recontouring part of the pond.  Wake Audubon has
been working closly with them to ensure a positive outcome.  The
construction should be completed sometime in late spring.

Sincerely yours,

John Argentati
tbs@intrex.net
Raleigh, NC