Ivory-bill followup

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Rob G wrote:

> BTW, has anyone seen ANY further followup to the Ivory-bill 'sighting' news
> reported here a few wks. back???

Hey Rob,

I've seen a few follow-up items, including the Louisiana Ornithological
Society hawking Ivory-bill t-shirts with a pair painted by Shawneen
Finnegan (ace artist-birder from Cape May) and the phrase "I want to
believe!" However, the trips looking for actual birds have thus far
mostly turned up either nothing at all, or some distant unconfirmed
calls; on one follow-up group "One member of this expedition spotted a
bird only briefly that might have been an IBWO." No photographs yet...
See the LOS web-site at http://losbird.org/index.htm if you want a
t-shirt, or for more details and future updates.

Josh

Joshua S. Rose
Duke University
Department of Zoology