Silent Sprint - Kinglets

I regularly visit three or four locations in se Cumberland and in Bladen
County around Elizabethtown.  I try to log all sightings, although I do get
sloppy sometimes and record nothing.  In my logs, I have Kinglet sightings
on 10/23, 11/5, 11/12, 11/17, 12/3, 12/4, 12/5, 12/24, 12/26, 1/3, 1/6, and
1/17, which was my last log outside my backyard until 1/28.  My logs for
1/28, 2/6, 2/8, 2/19, 2/23, 2/24, 2/24 and 2/25 are all Kinglet-less.  This
is about as scientific as I can be, which isn't very, and all it proves is
that I didn't see any Kinglets after 1/17 (or maybe I've just been sloppier
than usual).  Kinglets seem to be an easy to find bird, and by the end of
the first week of February I noticed their absence. I'll also point out that
the areas I watch had far less snow than points north and west.  The area in
Fayetteville where I live had maybe 7", with even less in Elizabethtown
where the snow disappeared much earlier.  Observations only.

William J. Warfel
Fayetteville