HBSP on January 29

Hi Carolinabirders,
	There were 66 species found by Gary Phillips, Paul Rogers, Bob Maxwell and
myself at Huntington Beach S.P. today.  We birded at the causeway at low
tide, carriage path, jetty and jetty pond.  It was a pleasant day-sunny
with temperatures in the low 60's, there were fairly brisk winds out of the
northeast changing to southeast.  We birded from 8:30AM to 4PM. Here goes.

Common Loon-8
Pied-billed Grebe-2
Horned Grebe-10
N. Gannet-5 to 10 all adults
Brown Pelican-4
Great Cormorant-3
Double-crested Cormorant-3
Great Blue Heron-1
Great Egret-2
Green-backed Heron-1
Black-crowned Night Heron-1 immature
White Ibis-6
Green-winged Teal-2
Blue-winged Teal-2
Ring-necked Duck-2
Bufflehead-11
Hooded Merganser-4
Red-breasted Merganser-5
Turkey Vulture-1
Osprey-1
N. Harrier-1
Am. Kestrel-1 male
Common Moorhen-3
Am. Coot-1
Black-bellied Plover-10
Semipalmated Plover-150
Piping Plover-10 including a bird with silver bands on each leg.
Killdeer-3
Am. Oystercatcher-2
Greater Yellowlegs-3
Willet-4
Ruddy Turnstone-2
Sanderling-10
Western Sandpiper-3
Purple Sandpiper-25 on the jetty and then they disappeared. Bet they went
to the last groin in Garden City.
Dunlin-numerous
Short-billed Dowitcher-50+
Laughing Gull-8
Bonaparte's Gull-30
Ring-billed Gull-5
Herring Gull-3
Forster's Tern-4
Mourning Dove-3
Red-bellied Woodpecker-1 heard only
Downy Woodpecker-1
E. Phoebe-2
Blue Jay-3
Carolina Chickadee-1 heard only
Tufted Titmouse-1 heard only
Carolia Wren-1 heard only
Winter Wren-2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet-2
Am. Robin-12
N. Mockingbird-2
Brown Thrasher-2
Loggerhead Shrike-1
Yellow-rumped Warbler-Numerous
Palm Warbler-1
N. Cardinal-5
E. Towhee-4
Song Sparrow-2
Swamp Sparrow-2
White-throated Sparrow-3
Red-winged Blackbird-4
E. Meadowlark-8
Boat-tailed Grackle-12

	"Don't forget sometimes you have to look up"

Jack Peachey
Conway,SC
ppaw@sccoast.net