GULL'S

HI ALL:
I was on the Isle of Palms today at Wild Dunes when I saw something that I
had never witnessed before. A large group of Ring Bill Gulls were flying
around in the road ahead of me, when I approached I found they were hovering
(the best they could) at the seed pods of  the Palmetto trees and eating
the berries. It was really something to see them trying to stay in one spot
to get the berries. There were 40 to 50 Gulls with 10 to 15 in a tree at a
time.
After they finished one tree they down the road to the next one. I also saw
a lot of Hooded Mergansers and several Blue wing Teal there on the lagoons.
												VAN ATKINS

Charleston, SC
vatkins@awod.com