Evening Grosbeaks

Finally!!  Just when I thought Walton Conway had a monopoly on the High
Country Evening Grosbeaks, a nice male came to one of our feeders this
morning.  Interesting that, as it was feeding, a Golden-crowned Kinglet
landed on the feeder next to it.  This is not usual on several counts:
This was my first GCK since October and I don't recall ever having one
on a sunflower feeder before.  It also raises another question:  were
the two species traveling together or was this just an unusual
coincidence?  Hmm...

Vaughn Morrison
Beth & Vaughn Morrison
262 Laurel Mtn. Estates