Feeders

The Red-breasted Nuthatch that I haven't seen in weeks was back at my peanut
feeder this AM numerous times.
Also had the first male Cowbird on the ground under the feeders.
Lastly, had a bird on the small feeder shelf that I put a nut and hulled
sunflower mix on, and also mealworms at times (did have mealworms this AM).
Not sure what it was.  Didn't get good enough look before a squirrel tried
running up the pole (till it ran into the baffle) and the bird flew.  What I
noticed was that it had a more upright posture, seemed somewhat larger than
finches and Pine Warbler, and had a dark longer narrow beak, soft yellow on
throat, small whitish area on sides of neck up to cheeks, dark wings, maybe
thin wingbars.  Hope it returns so can get a longer look.

Shelley Theye
Psbmt@aol.com
N. Chatham Cty. NC