pyrethrin spray for birdhouses

Hello, asking advice again. In Stokes Guides for
birdhouses they say to use pyrethrins for insects in
birdhouses. Last year as you may recall I had bees
takes over my chickadee nest. Does anyone know exactly
what I can do to prevent the wasps (vaseline on
ceiling for paper wasps) but what about those dirt
dauber kind that make the rows of mud connected
together on the sides of the house? and if bees invade
the actual nest, can I spray a pyrethrin/piperonyl
bufoxide mite and lice spray on the house and or nest?
Will that even get rid or dissuade the invaders? I do
not want to kill anything, but would like a successful
nesting. I heard a buzzing the other day from inside
the bluebirds house pole, too.
I bought this Mite and lice bird and Cage spray from a
pet store. the pyrethrin amount it 0.030%. Stokes
recommends 0.1 %. Is mine less than that or more?
Okay math was not my thing. this cage bird spray is to
spray right on the bird. But will that even affect
wasps or hornets?
Also noticed more chickadees looking at the bluebird
box placed only 100 feet from where the others are
nesting. That is the box that the bluebirds have used
every year (for only the first brood). Mating and
fighting with titmice is going on out there. Having
all the woodpeckers(except for red headed) drumming
and calling like crazy out there. Lots of big dead
trees to play with this year.
Just walked into bedroom and the balcony feeders were
full with pine siskin, goldfinches, downy, Carolina
wren, hermit thrush, and a male and female red bellied
on the peanut butter log , with the female flying off,
as the male defended the log against an obstinate blue
jay. Cool. the WP won, the blue jay went to another
feeder, and the female came back to join the male.
Good timing! Think of all those wonderful sightings we
miss and how lucky we get sometimes.
Do write if you can aid me in my bug dilemma.
Thanks for all your help in advance- Kate

=====
Kate Finlayson
N. Chatham Co.,N.C.
katefin@yahoo.com