Re: butterfly addendum for MBSP

It's forgivable to talk about butterflies on Carolinabirds, since they were
considered "honorary birds" before our sister group Carolinaleps was created.
If you're interested in learning more about butterflies, I encourage you to
join the "leppers" at Carolinaleps - send message text "subscribe
carolinaleps" (without the quotation marks) to majordomo@duke.edu
See http://www.rlephoto.com/butterflies/cleps01.html for more.

ObBird* - saw acres of Red Buckeye in full bloom yesterday in Pender Co. NC,
but not a single Ruby-throated Hummingbird.  (Red Buckeye is supposed to be
one of their favorites and the timing of bloom seems to coincide with the
arrival of the hummers.)

Will

On 29 Mar 00, Jack Peachey wrote:

> Hi again,
> 	I'hope Will Cook will forgive me for this butterfly addendum, but I think
> it is of interest for those of us who do birding and lepping.  I am a rank
> beginner at the latter.  Anywho, butterflies seen at MBSP this morning
> were: E. Tiger Swallowtail, Black Swallowtail, Silver-Spotted Skippper, ?
> Duskywing, ? Hairstreak, Monarch or Viceroy and a Cloudless Sulphur.
>
> Jack Peachey
> Conway,SC
> ppaw@sccoast.net

*Obligatory bird comment to keep message on topic. :-)
--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                w 919-660-7423
cwcook@duke.edu                 h 919-967-5446