Re: chickadee fight

Sitting beside Lake Wylie several years ago, I heard a chickadee
"commotion".  When I turned to look two chickadees fell from a tree in a
vicious fight.  They rolled on the ground and into the lake where the bottom
bird immediately drowned.  The top Chickadee flew quickly and happily(?!?)
back to the tree.
    Because I was with students at a science camp, the drowned bird was
retrieved and dissected.  It was a female with an egg.