Cattle Egret in Wake County

Howdy!

A friend of mine casually mentioned she saw a Cattle Egret in her yard. She
moved to Raleigh from TX and I moved from FL where they are common birds. I
hadn't seen one in this area since I moved. I verified  with Will Cook and
Susan Campbell that it was an unusal sighting for this area.

It seems a little funny, but.....if you want to see a Cattle Egret in Wake
County, NC, these are the directions: Drive south on Lake Wheeler Rd. past
Lake Wheeler Park and Ten Ten. Turn right on Optimist Farm. Their
neighborhood is just past Johnson Pond. Turn right on New Brighton Dr. It's
been hanging around for about 9 days, feeding in the grass and along the side
of the road.

Joe and I will look for it tomorrow while we're down that way seeing our
ducks one more time before they head north. We'll bird with Wake Audubon's
group along the Buckeye Trail in the morning. I'd love to see a
Yellow-throated Warbler that I've been reading about!

Have a nice weekend!

Happy birding!
Karen Bearden
Raleigh, NC