Arizona Hummer

Hi all,

My dad went to Arizona last week (and all I got was this lousy T-shirt...Just kidding) and I grilled him for bird info when he got back, since I haven't been there yet. He said there were birds. I asked what type. He said feathered ones. Sigh.

He did say he saw one hummingbird, so I started naming species that I think are in Arizona. He perked up when I said Black-Chinned. "Yeah, it had a black chin. Kind of black all over, actually."

So then I asked him if the bird's wings made a whistling sound when it flew by, and he said yes. But now I'm not trusting my memory. It IS the Black Chinned that has the wing-whistle, correct?

Lisa Gosselin
LisaBirder@aol.com
Raleigh, NC