Re: Birds in the wrong place

At 08:47 AM 4/10/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Louisiana Waterthrush.  I
>finally figured out why when I spotted him 15 feet up
>in a tree.

>The next day the same thing happened to me with an
>ovenbird. I tracked him down but then had to pick him
>out of the foliage 20-25 feet off the ground.

Though ground birds in general, both of these species use singing
'stations' in the trees.  I have a Louisiana Waterthrush behind my house
who has several stations varying from 10 to 25 feet above the ground.

Norm

Norman Budnitz 	919-684-3592 (day)
nbudnitz@duke.edu 	919-383-0553 (eve)
			919-684-6168 (fax)

(work)	Department of Zoology, Duke University
	Box 90325, Durham NC 27708-0325
(home)	4115 Garrett Drive, Durham NC 27705-8005

PROGRESS: the victory of laughter over dogma.
(Tom Robbins, Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas)