yellow crowned night-heron backand nesting in Charlotte, and superother birds

Hello All,
    Our house backs up to Randolph Middle School. It has been raining here
for 3 days straight so when it stopped I had the urge to take a walk around
the field at the school. Firstly, there was a flock of PINE WARBLERS,
BLUEBIRDS, GOLDFINCHES, GRACKLES, FLICKER, KILDEER and STARLINGS. A flock of
about 30 CANADA GEESE came in and fed on the waterlogged baseball field. We
had to go out so when we came back i went back out. I stepped out the
backdoor and heard a HOUSE WREN. Then along the edge of the field there was a
flock of FIELD SPARROWS and YELLOW RUMPED WARBLERS. Across the field it got
intersesting. There is a spot of dandilions and weeds that were partly
submerged. At first I noticed about 10 GOLDFINCHES, then a couple CHIPPING
SPARROWS, and then my binoculars came across a different sparrow. I though,
Savannah Sparrow, but then it flew and low and behold, white outer tail
feathers. So it was a VESPER SPARROW (new yard bird). Then I heard, chip
peweeo chick! So I went back over to the other side of the field to
investigate and identified it as a WHITE EYED VIREO. Meanwhile, the CHIMNEY
SWIFTS AND BARN SWALLOWS were swarming overhead. And out of the corner of my
eyes, unbelievably, I see an OSPREY soaring over. Unfortunately, only warbler
I saw was a YELLOW RUMPED in breeding plumage.But I cant be complaining.

    While we are on the subject, the YELLOW CROWNED NIGHT HERONS that have
been nesting in my area in Charlotte for numerous years are back. Over the
past several nights, they will fly over the track at Randolph Middle at 7:54
p.m. on the nose. THere is a pond on the corner of Water Oak Rd. and Sharon
Amity road that is very promising to be where they are nesting.

Good birding to every1,

Alan Kneidel
Charlotte, NC