Re: Few's Ford on the Eno; a few questions and parking fee info

In a message dated 4/17/00 4:07:25 PM, jsr6@duke.edu writes:

<< Question 2: Anyone gone looking for the Jordan Lake Oystercatcher since
it was reported on Saturday? I might just take a quick trip down there if
it hasn't disappeared yet... >>

Josh and All,
       Lee Van Malssen and I looked for the Oystercatcher around 9:45AM on
Sunday.  We didn't see it at Crosswinds Marina, but did see the other birds
Will Cook wrote about.  Less Caspian Terns were present, maybe about 15, but
more Bonapartes.  The Herring Gull was there also, along with 2 Mallards.
      We then went over to Ebeneezer for a very short while, and saw more
Caspian Terns and Gulls.  Heard lots of singing in the woods across the
parking lot but didn't have time to explore.
      One thing I did find out, maybe all of you already know this, but at
the Jordan Lake Recreation Areas, the $4.00 entrance fee is refundable if you
leave the area within 30 minutes.  That's what we did Sun. We almost didn't
make the thirty minute deadline, though I told the woman at the entrance
we'de be 15 minutes tops.  Time sure flies when you're birding,
Shelley

Shelley Theye
Psbmt@aol.com
N. Chatham County, NC