Re: Speaking of turkeys...

Turkeys have been undergoing a major recovery in NC, due to the Wildlife
Commission and the Wild Turkey Federation. I think there are substantial
populations in 98 counties now, and can be seen where they were not seen
in living memory. Do not make any turkey gobbling sounds in the woods now
- turkey season is open, and the hunters wear camo, so you can't see
them. Of course, we can hope they have all taken a hunter safety course,
and have the sense to tell aturkey from a Human....
Alex Netherton
The Appalachian Naturalist
http://www.appalachian-naturalist.com
Featuring forums, lists, and classes in the field.