Nightjars

A check of the nightjar spot I mentioned yesterday turned up even more birds
last evening.  Instead of the single bird calling Sunday night, at least 4
Chucks were calling last night.  Also several Whips.  Got a nice look at a
perched Whip, which tend to be a little harder to find visually than the Chucks
(in my experience anyway, the Whips will turn tail as soon as they detect you;
the Chucks don't really seem to care)  Also noted what may have been some
nightjar noogie.  A bird flew into a small thicket of pines that already had a
bird present.  After much cooing, clucking and general fidgeting one of the
birds popped out and flew across the road.  The other bird remained and clucked
for some period of time.  Any ideas what might have been going on in there!?

Best,
Steve Shultz
Cary, NC
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please