Bobolinks

Thought people might like to know that the unmown pastures at maple View
Farm about 7 miles North of Carrboro on Dariyfield Road have singing
Bobolinks in them. In the past the passtures were left unmown till
sometime into may, and there were huge concentrations of Bobolinks in
them, however, when I went today the owners informed me that the pastures
next to the pond (the one most accessible to Dairyfield Road) is going to
be dug up and replanted. It had already been mowed and the birds had moved
across the road to another pasture. In other words, if you want to see the
and hear the bobolinks you may have to hurry before all the pastures
are cut. Also, at the Farm pond was an incredible collection of about 8
easter Kingbirds and one solitary sandpiper, and singing Blue Grosbeaks.

SHANTANU PHUKAN
Lecturer in Urdu-Hindi & Indian Literature
University of N. Carolina, Chapel Hill
Curriculum in Asian Studies
Alumni Hall 413C
Chapel Hill, N.C. 27599