Re: New Hope River Waterfowl Impoundment

Hi Lisa. I can tell you where else to go to see a Prothonotary Warbler.
Locate Stagecoach Rd which goes between Barbee Chapel Road & Farrington Rd,
and Route 751. If coming from 751, go to the bridge on Stagecoach. Then
continue on, going west, until you come to a locked gate on the right. This
will lead you out onto a water impoundment dike, working back to the
northeast. Walk out on this dike about 75 yards. The Prothonotary is located
in the wetland to the north. (It is well before the dike swings due east)
Good luck, Joe  (P.S. to my friends on Carolinabirds: We will be off for N.H.
early next week for the summer. See you in October.)

Joe Fisher
Carolina Meadows, Chapel Hill, N.C.