RE: novel migration technique?

>Does this mean that birders are missing a possible migration hotspot?  So
>in addition to dumps and sewage treatment plants and scrappy looking
>cutovers and clearings, should we also be checking out bus stops for
>migrants?  Was it a city bus or a "long-distance" bus?  Do we need to be
>watching roadside bus stops or heading out for the Greyhound station?
>
>Any information would be appreciated!

This was a local bus stop; however, the route could take them to the
Greyhound station.

More useful for birding, the American Legion pond just past the north end
of Europa tends to have waterfowl in winter whenever I drive past without
binocs.  This time of year it is just mallards and Canadas.

David Campbell
Chapel Hill