Re: directions to stechoa (sp?) gap

Len/Esther:

II had the pleasure (in the company of a great bunch of birders) of  birding
Stecoah Gap this past Saturday. Fantastic!  What a day... warblers were
present in numbers.  I had a wonderful day!

anyway, the directions:

Route 26 West to exit 1B (I40/US74 West in the direction of
Canton/Knoxville).

18.4 miles to exit 27 on to US 74/19/23

Continue west on 74 for another 46 miles to NC 28 North to
Robbinsville/Fontana

Go 11.6 miles to NC 143 and turn Left toward Robbinsville

After 1.1 miles you will reach House of Prayer church on the left.  Go
another 0.6 mile to the top of the hill.  There will be a picnic table  with
parking area on  the left.  The Trail is gated Forest Service Road.  The
Appalachain Trail crosses at ths point also.

My apologies to Simon THompson who provided me with these directions; I hope
he wont mind me sharing them with others.

cheers
Jack McLain
Durham, NC