Sunday birds

I am happy to say we are included with those who have gotten the RB
Grosbeaks at their feeders. Had male both Sat. and Sunday. First time a
male and first time at feeder for our yard. The only warblers we are seeing
are Yellow rumps. Added Red eyed Vireo, Blue Grosbeak,  and GC Flycatcher
for this spring in yard  on Saturday. WT Sparows still here.

On Sunday  we went over to Shenck Forest at 6:30 pm. Lots of shorebirds -
Spotteds, G &L Yellowlegs, Solitarys, and unided peep (no scope). Plus long
views of an Ovenbird walking around the forest floor. And GC flycatcher,
Summer Tanager, Green Heron. Had hoped for Kentucky, but silent if there.
No sounds of La. Watertrush or Acadians but  I know they are around. The
surprise birds were two Ospeys

Gail Lankford
Raleigh.