More CBC News

Hi everybody,

I'm sure official results will be forthcoming but evidently about 145
species (before owling) had been seen in the two days of the CBC meeting in
Blowing Rock.  It was nice to have so many great birders in our area for the
weekend.  Some of the highlights were Cerulean and Golden-winged warbler, a
new county bird King Rail at the Valle Crucis Community Park.  It was still
there on Sunday as well.  Also a possible first confirmed county nest for
Yellow-throated Vireo (I will wait till we see babies to change the
checklist Bob), and lots of other neat stuff.  Thanks to Charlotte and
Dwayne and Lori for all of their work to make it a success.

--
Curtis Smalling
Ecos of the Blue Ridge