Re: peregrines in NC mountains?

My wife and I were sure we saw a Peregrine in Brevard, about the size of
a crow, long pointed wings, fairly long tail, but not so long as an
Accipiter. They have been hacked on Mt. Mitchell, Grandfather Mountain,
and some other sites in the Southern Appalachians, so it is quite likely.
Alex Netherton
The Appalachian Naturalist
Asheville, NC
http://www.appalachian-naturalist.com
Featuring forums, lists, and classes in the field.