Good Birds on the Banks

Hi folks,

Since the pelagic trips were weathered out today (Mon-29th), I birded some
areas for landbirds around Bodie Lighthouse Pond. I walked the service road
off of the entrance road for the Shiny Cowbird found on Friday by Jeff Lewis.
Did not see it there but ran across a White-winged Dove hanging around the
maintenance building! Also had a male Magnolia Warbler near there. Also in
the woods along the entrance road, I found a migrant Red-eyed Vireo and a
Canada Warbler. Both were seen singing away! At the pond platform, a Great
Horned Owl was found perched on the railings what a surprise for a daytime
sighting. I then left Bodie heading for the inlet, and lo and behold, I found
the male Shiny Cowbird feeding with four Brown -headeds right along Hwy 12
across from the pond!  About this time the wind really picked up and made it
very hard to bird. After a quick check of Pea Island, I head home. Just
thought folks would like to know that the cowbird is still around and some
other neat stuff is too.

Later, Ricky

Ricky Davis
608 Smallwood Drive