Spoonbill @ Pea Is. seen Monday

After having not been relocated on either Sat or Sunday, the Roseate
Spoonbill was found early this morning (Monday, May 29) in South Pond
at Pea Island NWR.  It was seen feeding about mid-way down South Pond and
towards the back side about 7AM.  I am not sure whether others were able
to relocate it later during the day or not.

I was told that it had been seen on Thurs & Fri in North Pond, New Field
and finally in South Pond before taking a temporary absence. You will want
to have a scope to look for this bird.  Also remember that both New Field
and South Pond are off limits, but can be viewed decently from the shoulder
of Hwy 12 with a scope.  A decent amount of pink shows on the body of this bird.

Good birding,

Wade Fuller
New Bern, NC
fuller@coastalnet.com