Huntington Beach S.P. SC on 6-6

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Today, Bob Maxwell and I did somebirding at the jetty ponds mainly to get
data for the Western Atlantic Shorebird Assn.  We found other things
besides shorebirds especially on the way in and way out. 29 species in an
hour or so of real birding.
Brown Pelican-25
Great Egret-6
Snowy Egret-1
Red-breasted Merganser-3
Turkey Vulture-1
Osprey-1
Black-bellied Plover-1
Semipalmated Plover-27
Am. Oystercatcher-4
Willet-6
Ruddy Turnstone-9
Sanderling-13
Short-billed Dowitcher-13
Peep sp-31
Laughing Gull-6
Gull-billed Tern-1 adult-breeding somewhere nearby?
Royal Tern-25
Sandwich Tern-4
Common Tern-1 immature-carpal bar seen
Least Tern-40
med Tern sp.-4
Black Skimmer-40
Mourning Dove-2
Purple Martin-2
Barn Swallow-3
Blue Jay-1
Carolina Wren-1 heard singing
N. Mockingbird-2
Painted Bunting-1 a gorgeous male about 50 yards north of the turn going to
the North parking lot.  First heard singing with the window of the car
down. Bob backed his car up and we both spent about 5 minutes trying to see
it, and finally got to, when the bird moved.
E. Towhee-2 heard only
Orchard Oriole-2

Jack Peachey
Conway, SC