Confirmed: Scissor-tailed flycatcher

    My husband and I have just had a good 10 minute look at 2
scissor-tailed
flycatchers.  They flew when my husband came home from work and landed
in a
chinaberry tree where they stayed for about 10 minutes.  We got the
scope so we
had an excellent view.  No doubt that they were scissor-tailed.  We got
to see
the salmon or pinkish color under the wings really good when one
stretched
her/his wings.  I think that the second is an immature since the tail
was
shorter than the other.  This is only the second time they have been
seen.  Both
times were after 5 PM.

	Thanks to everyone who responded to my first message.

Anne Olsen
Monroe, NC

--
Anne L. Olsen