SCISSOR-TAILED FLYCATCHERS

All the visitors to see the fly catchers have been asking questions
about the farm so here are some answers. You will be visiting Friendly
Ridge Farm. Park in the mowed field just past the cemetery on the right.
We raise sheep and all of the fences are electric. The field across the
road with the blue barn contains this years crop of Polypay  lambs along
with our guard lama "Fernado". The pasture behind the cemetery has our
flock of breeding ewes. If you walk up the hill toward the barn the
pasture on the right contains a flock of  Black Welsh Mountain.

The best way to see the nest is to view the tower from in front of the
cemetery.  If you scan up the left leg you will see large numbers about
half way up the tower. the nest is in the corner of the braces just
above the numbers.Last night when I mowed the pasture the female was
staying in the tower in the vicinity of the nest.

--

Blayne Olsen

aolsen@wingate.edu