Scissor-tailed Flycatcher in Halifax County, NC

Carolinabirders,

My wife Paula just took off like a bat-out-of-you-know-where toward's
Scotland Neck, NC.  Jeff Lewis just called from there with a report of a
male Scissor-tailed Flycatcher this morning, June 11 at 10:30 AM.

Yesterday, while I was driving to Monroe, NC to see the Scissor-tailed
Flycatchers there, she was staying home with her 88-year old father, who is
now living with us.  He needs lots of care.  She also needs to take care of
her state list.  Scissor-tailed is not on it (yet).  But she put family
above birds.

Apparently when it rains flycatchers it pours flycatchers.

If someone is crazy enough to try to see this bird (which may be gone within
the hour) rather than the reliable nesting pair at Monroe, turn off of NC
903 just south of Scotland Neck onto Shields Commisary road, heading toward
the traditional Mississippi Kite spot at Norfleet.  The bird is about
halfway along Shields Commisary road between Scotland Neck and Norfleet.

If you read this message before 11:30 AM, please wish Paula good luck and
keep your fingers and toes crossed.  I hope she obeys all posted speed
limits.

John
--
John and Paula Wright     h 252-756-5139

jwright@skantech.net      Greenville, North Carolina