mature b. eagle, central Orange Co.

Today at about 12:30, while on my usual cycling loop, there was a mature Bald Eagle sitting on a post at the edge of a stock pond, on Chestnut Ridge Church Rd between Borland and Bradshaw Quarry Rds.  I watched it for a good minute, with side and rear views.  It then took off and I saw it from above (the pond is slightly below road level).  The white head, yellow bill, all-white tail, large size, and brown-and-black wings and back were absolutely unmistakable, and I am certain of the ID.

Janine Perlman, Hillsborough, NC