New Yard Bird

Had 2 Purple Martins fly over the feeder area on the edge of our meadow
yesterday afternoon.  Happened to be looking out the kitchen window and
spotted them.  Made 2 circles, then moved on, maybe to the Martin houses on
Fearrington Rd...Never touched down that I know of, but were low enough for
me to call them a yard bird.
     Also heard a Barred Owl at 8:30 PM last night, then saw it fly in the
woods behind the house, It landed, so got a nice, but distant, view.
     Heard a Barred Owl calling again in the same area this AM at 8:20.
Haven't seen the Great Egret that I reported at Lystra Bridge last weekend.
Water's a little higher this weekend in that spot.

Shelley Theye
N. Chatham County, NC
Psbmt@aol.com