Huntington Beach S.P on 6-11

Hi Carolinabirders,
	This morning Paul Rogers and I met Bob & Barbara Maxwell at the causeway
at Huntington Beach State Park Georgetown County, SC.  It was a beautiful
day but it was the June doldrums even for this great birding place.
Nevertheless we had 30 species from 9:30 till 12 Noon.  We took looks in
the causeway at low tide and then went up to the jetty ponds.
Brown Pelican-10
Double-crested Cormorant-4
Great Blue Heron-3
Great Egret-4
Snowy Egret-1
White Ibis-1
Red-breasted Merganser-2 in the jetty pond
Osprey-1
Common Moorhen-1
Black-bellied Plover-1 breeding plumage
Wilson's Plover-5
Semipalmated Plover-3
Willet-10
Ruddy Turnstone-1
Laughing Gull-2
Ring-billed Gull-8
Royal Tern-4
Least Tern-50
Mid-sized Tern-numerous
Mourning Dove-1
Common Ground Dove-2
Yellow-billed Cuckoo-2
Chimney Swift-1
Barn Swallow-4
Purple Martin-1
Tufted Titmouse-1 heard only
N. Mockingbird-2
N. Cardinal-2
Painted Bunting-3 a pair plus another male.
Red-winged Blackbird-8
Boat-tailed Grackle-5
Brown-headed Cowbird-2 a pair.

Jack Peachey