Fw: Help w/ID

----- Original Message -----
To: Birds
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2000 1:23 PM
Subject: Help w/ID

I could use some assistance in trying to identify a bird whose nested on one of the beams on my front porch.  It appears that there are at least 4 chicks in the nest.  The bird has a long tail, not quite scissored.  It has a rounded dark brownish head with a pointed beak.  It has white coloration on the throat which becomes 'whitish' on the breast.  It's back and wings appear brown with striping along the wings.  My observations are a bit vague since I only have a pair of lo-power binocs and obviously can't get very close.  It makes only a single 'cheep'.  Size is approximately that of a bluebird.  I feel pretty confident it is not a swallow using Peterson's Eastern Birds.  The only thing that comes close is an Eastern Phoebe or Pewee.  Thanks.