Non-avian Suet Feeders

Over the past two weeks, I've had unknown creatures eating the suet from my
two squirrel-proof suet feeders during the night, all of the suet!  At first
we thought it may be deer, but decided against that as a couple of times the
feeders were pulled down and dragged varying distances.  We tied them to the
tree supports and whatever the animal is, simply devoured the suet anyway.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be doing this, raccoons,
opossum, etc.?  What can we do to try and repel them?  Thanks.

Regards,

Randy Dunson
Hillsborough  NC