Eastern Phoebe Behavior

I wrote recently about an Eastern Phoebe who had nested along a beam of my
front porch.  Well the 4 fledglings have flown the coop.  Now comes the
perplexing part, for me anyway!  I have not seen the adult since they left
the nest and only two of the immature birds.  However, yesterday the two
were being fed by what appeared to be a chipping sparrow!  And, this morning
they were chasing another sparrow along the ground seeking food!  Is this
normal behavior for Phoebe's, or other birds for that matter?  Thanks.

Regards,

Randy Dunson
Hillsborough  NC