HBSP on 6-27

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Paul Rogers and myself met Bob Maxwell at Huntington Beach S.P. this
morning for some birding at the causeway and carriage path. We came across
Phil Turner who fortunately had a scope and gave us a good look at "that
duck".
34 species were seen or heard.

Least Bittern-2
Great Blue Heron-3
Great Egret-12
Snowy Egret-4
Little Blue Heron-2 or 3
Tricolored Heron-2
Yellow-crowned Night-Heron-3 immatures
White Ibis-15 some immatures
"that duck"- a female mallard type in Mullet Pond-we looked at it through
Phil's scope and because Phil pointed out the black tail thought it a
probable Mottled Duck.  However this duck had a sage green bill. Any
thoughts?  I have never seen feral acting Mallards at HBSP. And any self
respecting wild Mallard or Black Duck would not be here in June. The
speculum was hidden. Any thoughts?
Osprey-2
Bald Eagle-1 adult
Common Moorhen-1
Willet-1 heard only
Laughing Gull-2
Mourning Dove-3
Yellow-billed Cuckoo-1 heard only
Chimney Swift-1
Belted Kingfisher-1
Downy Woodpecker-1 heard only
N. Flicker-1 first I've seen in months
Purple Martin-1
Barn Swallow-1 Bob saw this one
Blue Jay-1 heard only
Fish Crow-1 heard only
Tufted Titmouse-2
Carolina Wren-3 family group
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher-3 family group near nest
N. Mockingbird-1
Brown Thrasher-1
E. Starling-4
N. Cardinal-3